"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, December 12, 2016

Trip Souvenirs

Above, the Super Museum had a lot of goods for sale, but I passed on them. I've too much stuff already. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

During my recent 3-week trip to and from Metropolis, Illinois I stopped off at a number of attractions, but bought very little souvenirs.

I bought some books, but as far as knick-knacks, not much. I have enough stuff as it is. The two new tires I had to get in St. Louis, Missouri and the electric ceramic heater I bought in Kansas don't count.

At Meteor Crater in Arizona, the only thing that "suited my fancy" was an Arizona cookbook.

The only thing I picked up at the Super Museum in Metropolis was this magnet for The Beast:



At Graceland, I did pick up a magnet for The Beast but the only other things were a hat and t-shirts for friends. I did buy a CD of Elvis: Aloha From Hawaii.

I am picky about things like knick-knacks. A lot of items I saw that looked good had "Made In China" stamped on them. I avoided those. A lot of other travelers felt the same way, as I overheard.

At Sun Studio, I bought myself a hat and a CD of The Million Dollar Quartet:



Then, when I went to Springfield, Illinois, I picked up two Lincoln busts (one was carved from a piece of coal, which I found was unique) and a book on the Lincoln Museum.

Here's the busts:




At the Eisenhower Library, I didn't see anything that I particularly wanted. But, when I went on to Colorado, and after crossing Wolf Creek Pass, I stopped in Pagosa Springs for coffee and a snack. But, the restaurant had a gift shop and I found two Indian wool mats that I am using for the dinette's back rests to protect them from Sierra's claws.





I didn't find anything I wanted in Monument Valley. But I took plenty of photographs while there and at other places. Those are sufficient for me.

Some of these places I had been to already and I still have some things I bought back then. I transferred a couple of magnets from the house to The Beast.

1 comment:

Seer said...

The Lincoln busts are very nice. Hope you have great memories of your sogurn.

Search This Blog