"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Elk City/Clinton KOA

Above, The Beast at the Elk City/Clinton KOA in Oklahoma. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


My third overnight stop during my trip to Metropolis, Illinois was at the Elk City/Clinton KOA in Canute, Oklahoma.

It is located right off Interstate 40 and easy to access once you get off the freeway.

I got there around 4:00 in the afternoon after leaving Albuquerque and crossing the Texas panhandle.

The campground had plenty of shade and the staff was friendly and helpful. I paid $38.00 (after my KOA discount was applied) for the night's stay. It is far enough from Interstate 40 so one isn't bothered by any road noise.

The KOA does serve breakfasts and dinners. I cooked my own dinner and left before breakfast was served.

My campsite had a fire ring and picnic table along with full hook-ups (electric, water and sewer).

It was a nice campground for a good overnight stay.

To access their website, go here.


No comments:

Search This Blog