"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Grand Canyon/Williams KOA

Above, The Beast at Grand Canyon/Williams KOA. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


Here is a review of the Grand Canyon/Williams KOA located in Williams, Arizona.

The Grand Canyon/Williams KOA was my first overnight stop during my trip to Metropolis, Illinois last year. I had stayed at Circle Pines KOA in Williams in 1992, but they were about to close for the season. The Grand Canyon/Williams KOA is open all year.

I arrived in the afternoon and was assigned a back-in campsite, which included a barbecue and electric and water hook-ups. There was no sewer hook-up at the site, but I could have used their dump station to empty my holding tanks if necessary.

The hook-ups were placed in such a way that I was unsure that my power cable and water hose would reach the outlets. So I pulled forward instead and that worked out better.

Along with the barbecue grill, each site has a fire ring and a picnic table to use.

The site was a little more spacious than other campgrounds I've been to. The sites next to mine were unoccupied. There was a handful of other campers there.

There is some shade, which is nice during the summer months since this is the Arizona desert. The staff was friendly and helpful and they had a nice convenience store at the office. After my KOA discount was applied, I paid $32.00 for the night's stay.

Above, the Grand Canyon. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The campground is on Route 64 and that is the route to take to Grand Canyon National Park from Williams. Grand Canyon National Park is roughly 46 miles from Williams.

To access the Grand Canyon/Williams KOA website, go here.


No comments:

Search This Blog