"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Power Outage and the New Percolator

Above, coffee all ready to drink. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

This morning didn't start off too well.

At around 6:40 to 6:55, an area-wide power outage occurred. Naturally, nobody could reach the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power as the lines were busy.

The outage lasted over an hour. During that time, I got dressed and went to The Beast. I figured that this was a good time to try out the new Stanley percolator. So, I got it set and fired up the burner and made a pot of coffee.

I made a "best guess" on the amount of coffee grounds to put in. Since it is a 6-cup percolator, I figured three. It turned out that I was right as the finished coffee came out great!

Along with myself, our building manager joined me for a cup. He was grateful since he has a long drive to Norco, about 80 miles away.

At least I know the percolator works great and how much coffee grounds to put in. This will work out great while dry camping and at Clamp-outs.

No comments:

Search This Blog