"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Another Year

Above, in Monument Valley with The Mittens and Merrick Butte in the background.

As President Ronald Reagan would say, today's the 24th anniversary of my 39th birthday.

I'd just as soon not even think about it. I was reminded of it the other day from La Mesa RV in San Diego. One gets that way past a certain age. But I'm not complaining by any means. As my great uncle used to say, "Growing old isn't so bad, when you consider the alternative."

I do feel blessed as I am in good health. The only "issue" I have is a tooth that's been a bother. Other than that, I am feeling just fine.

Unlike last year, when I celebrated at the Redondo Beach Pier at Old Tony's, I have no plans for today. I may go visit my former roomie Jes at the UCLA Medical Center, though. She hadn't been feeling well this past week and decided to check herself in. It all depends if she's going to remain there for another night.

This song by "The King" has been running through my head (for several reasons) for the past couple of days. It is from the 1972 movie, Elvis On Tour.





Here's the lyrics (written by Willie Nelson):

Well hello there,
my it's been a long long time
How am I doin',
well I guess I'm doin' fine
It's been so long now and it seems that
It was only yesterday
ain't it funny how time slips away

How's your new love,
I hope that he's doin' fine
Heard you told him,
That you'd love him till the end of time
Well , that's the same thing
that you told me
Seems like just the other day
Yeah, ain't it funny how time slips away

Gotta go now,
guess I'll see you hanging round
Don't know when though,
Never know when I'll be back in town
But I remember what I told you
That in time Yeah, ain't it funny how time slips away

Yeah, ain't it funny how time slips away
Yeah, ain't it funny how time slips away


πŸŽ†πŸŽ†πŸŽ†πŸŽ†πŸŽ†πŸŽ†πŸŽ†πŸŽ†πŸŽ†πŸŽ†πŸŽ†πŸŽ†πŸŽ†πŸŽ†




No comments:

Search This Blog