"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Grandfathering



When I paid my former roomie Jessica a visit yesterday at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, her young nurse asked me if I were Jessica's grandfather. This sent Jessica into hysterics (this was good as I hadn't heard her laugh so hard in a long time) over that.

The nurse was also a bit dingy. She couldn't understand when she asked my age when I said I am celebrating the 24th anniversary of my 39th birthday that day. I told her I got that from the hospital's namesake, Ronald Reagan.

It was because my newly-grown goatee that was almost all white (my beard started turning grey about 20 or so years ago). It would be quite a trick for me to be Jes's grandfather since she's three months shy of 37.

That did it! I decided to color the grey out and I did so this morning.

All things considered, I guess grey hair is better than no hair. Why look older than I have to?

[Just got word that Jes is back home.]

No comments:

Search This Blog