"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Brown's Town Campground In Bishop, California

Above, the office and store. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Last summer, I took a little trip up California's Owens Valley.

Along the way, I stopped at the infamous Manzanar Relocation Camp. For the first night's stay, I stayed at Brown's Town Campground in Bishop. I did not make any camping reservations as I decided to just "wing it".

I stopped at a coffee shop for a snack. While there, I checked Google for a campground in the Bishop area. I saw several listed.

I looked one over and the people there didn't look too friendly and the campground was rather primitive. So I pressed on.

Above, The Beast at Brown's Town Campground. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I went to the next campground, which was Brown's Town Campground. It looked like a nice place. It was shady and situated next to a golf course. I walked into the office and found that they had vacancies and the price was reasonable ($30/night).

Above, cooking dinner. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The access road was nice and wide and the campsite I was assigned was level, so I didn't have to use the leveling blocks. It had full hook-ups, a table and fire ring.

The campground has a nicely-stocked store. Their prices were reasonable when I made a few purchases.

Above, Sierra enjoying the air conditioning and view. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Unfortunately, since Bishop gets quite hot during the summer months, the campground does not have a swimming pool to cool off in.

At RV Park Reviews, I gave Brown's Town Campground four out of five stars. I would stay there again should I visit the Owens Valley on another trip.

My grade: A- (had there been a pool, it would have been an A).

No comments:

Search This Blog