"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, March 12, 2017

"Kong: Skull Island"

Above, Kong seems to want our snacks. The photo was taken with a
"selfie machine" in the theater lobby. What the heck? It was free!

Well, I left the theater about 45 minutes ago after seeing Kong: Skull Island by Warner Bros./Legendary Pictures.

First, Jes and I went to the Pacific Winnetka Theaters in Chatsworth (or was it Northridge?) and I have to say that the seats we had were the most comfortable theater seats we've ever had. They fully reclined and were adjustable! One has to love modern technology.

Next, Kong: Skull Island has to be the best giant monster movie I've seen since Cloverfield. Someone wrote on Facebook that it has everything a giant monster movie should have. Yes, it had thrills, terror, suspense, creepiness, action, explosions, guns, great special effects, good story and everything else one would want. Jes also loved the movie (sometimes she can be a little more critical than I).

If I were to have a quibble, it would be the design of Kong. It wasn't bad, but I much prefer the Kong design of Peter Jackson's King Kong (2005).

There is one battle that Kong has that seems to be a hat tip to King Kong vs. Godzilla. Maybe, maybe not.

I was forewarned ahead of time to stay through the end credits as there would be something that shouldn't be missed. Besides Jes and I, there was a group sitting in our row who sat through the end credits. Everyone else in the theater, including a guy that sat next to us, and that was after I gave him a tip on it. But he was so wrapped up in a phone conversation that he left and missed it. But we stayed and saw it.

Yes, it was worth it. Just a little hint: it has something to do with Godzilla.

My grade: A+.

No comments:

Search This Blog