|Above, Sequoia National Park. Photo by Armand Vaquer.|
Source: National Park Foundation Press Release
NATIONAL PARK FOUNDATION & ITS PARTNERS SHARE IDEAS FOR GIVING BACK THAT ACTUALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE
WASHINGTON, April 13, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- With all the excitement surrounding National Park Week taking place April 15 through 23, the National Park Foundation (NPF) and its partners have teamed up to offer these ideas for helping to preserve America's treasured places – our national parks.
"When you make a national park donation, your support helps protect natural, historical and cultural treasures, connect all people to them, and inspire the next generation of national park supporters," said Will Shafroth, president of the National Park Foundation. "There are countless ways to enjoy our national parks, and almost as many ways to give back."
Here are eight fun and impactful ways to make sure the parks are protected for generations to come:
- Visit NationalParkWeek.org: Get the latest scoop on this year's National Park Week and find out how you can give, share, and join in celebration and support of the national parks you love.
- Renew: If you've given to the National Park Foundation before, it's easy to make your donation a yearly tradition through a renewal. Recurring contributions make it easy for you to give and help NPF plan for larger and longer-term projects.
- Join: The National Park Foundation community is made up of passionate enthusiasts who share a common love for our national parks — and you can be one of them! Join the national park community today and stay up to date on the latest park news!
- Check out special offers: Several of our participating corporate partners are hosting special offers during April in celebration of National Park Week, including limited-edition products that provide additional support for our national parks.
- Give a gift: Be sure to check out the National Park Foundation's national parks gift guide, where you can always find a gift for someone special — or treat yourself. Whether you purchase clothes, coffee mugs, games, or tote bags, the proceeds will benefit our national parks.
- Memorialize a loved one: Donate to the national parks in the name of a friend or loved one to celebrate their memory or mark an occasion such as a birthday or anniversary.
- Make the parks your legacy: Whether you are interested in a simple gift through your retirement or life insurance plan, a traditional bequest through your will or trust, or perhaps a gift that pays you back like a charitable gift annuity—there are many ways to make a legacy gift. Explore how you can include the National Park Foundation in your estate plans.
- Shop for official gear: Visit either of the National Park Foundation's two stores to get Foundation and parks-branded gear to show your park pride. The NPF Store and the Find Your Park Store both carry a variety of apparel, coffee mugs, journals, posters and more, and proceeds from both go to support our nation's treasures!
We're excited to announce that the following companies are joining the celebration of National Park Week as participating partners including Airbnb, American Express, Aramark, Autotrader, Black Bear Diner, Brooks Running Company, Camelbak, Celestron, Chaco, Charity Miles, Chevron, Coleman, Columbia, Disney, ecoStick Sweeteners, Eagles Nest Outfitters, Eastern National, Free People, Greenvelope, Hub Group, Humana, M∙A∙C AIDS Fund, O.A.R.S., Osprey Packs, Parks Project, Pendleton Woolen Mills, Stabil, Subaru, The Coca-Cola Company, The North Face, Tailgate Clothing Co., Toad&Co, TomTom, Vacation Races – Virtual Running Club, Victorinox Swiss Army, Yakima, Yankee Leisure Group, and Zimride.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL PARK FOUNDATION
The National Park Foundation is the official charity of America's national parks and nonprofit partner to the National Park Service. Chartered by Congress in 1967, the National Park Foundation raises private funds to help PROTECT more than 84 million acres of national parks through critical conservation and preservation efforts, CONNECT all Americans with their incomparable natural landscapes, vibrant culture and rich history, and INSPIRE the next generation of park stewards. In 2016, commemorating the National Park Service's 100th anniversary, the Foundation launched The Centennial Campaign for America's National Parks, a comprehensive fundraising campaign to strengthen and enhance the future of these national treasures for the next hundred years.