|Above, The Beast today at Niel's RV. Photo by Armand Vaquer.|
Today was the day that I was going to have the rear wheelcover simulator put on The Beast.
I waited for the weather to clear up to do this. I set an appointment with Niel's RV in North Hills to have them put it on. It was set for 10:00 this morning.
Well, I got over there and after completing the paperwork, I headed next door to the local Scottish restaurant (a.k.a. McDonalds) for breakfast. After breakfast, I went back to Niel's and they told me that when they opened the box (it had never been opended), they found that Winnebago messed up.
Winnebago sent me a front wheelcover, not a rear one.
I hadn't opened the box containing the wheelcover since it arrived in December, so this came as quite a surprise.
|Above, the wrong wheelcover. Photo by Armand Vaquer.|
Before leaving Niel's, I called Lichtsinn RV, where I ordered the wheelcover, and told them of this "little problem". They asked me for the part number on the packaging. It was the correct one, but apparently Winnebago mis-labeled the part.
They asked me to send two photos via email: one of the part number on the package and the other of the shipping label. I just sent the photos and now we'll see how they want to handle this. I already told them that I am not paying for shipping it back (around $55).
So, here we go again.