"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Jury Duty Completed

Well, I am done with jury duty for at least a year.

I was on a jury panel at the end of the day on a case that hit a little too close to home. I used the opportunity to truthfully say that I would probably be biased against the defendant and was thanked and excused.

So, under the rules of jury service, if I am not on a jury or a panel at the end of the day, then I have completed my service. This is even if I served only one day. I managed to get excused from a jury panel with about fifteen minutes to spare before closing.

For me, this was a fast day. During our hour and a half lunch break, I hung out with Dawn.

This was the first time I stepped foot at the Van Nuys courthouses since filing suit in Small Claims Court (that was eventually adjudicated on Hot Bench last year) and when I scored a victory last year on another case in Small Claims.

No comments:

Search This Blog