"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

The World's Biggest Passenger Jet Could Get Even Bigger

Above, the Airbus A380 I flew to Japan in. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The world's biggest passenger plane, the Airbus A380, could get even bigger.

According to an article in Travel + Leisure:
Airbus has announced its intentions to make the A380, the world’s largest passenger plane, even bigger. 
The plane already measures 262 feet across, however Airbus is considering expanding the plane’s wingspan even more. 
In an attempt to cut drag and increase efficiency, Airbus could tack on 16-foot winglets on either side of the plane. The winglets would reduce fuel burn by 4 percent, something Airbus hopes will make the colossal plane more attractive for customers.
I flew the Airbus A380 two years ago to Japan with Singapore Airlines. It was a smooth ride to and from Japan. Unfortunately, while the plane is the world's biggest, its great size did not translate into more legroom in Economy. In fact, I found it to be the tightest seating arrangement I've ever experienced. I had to get up more frequently as I was getting leg pains.

While I like Singapore Airlines, unless I fly First or Business Class with them, I will fly only with airlines who use Boeing planes, they seem to have more legroom. The lack of legroom, I've been told, is a "chronic" problem with Airbus Industries planes.

To read more, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog