"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, October 30, 2017

Enjoying It Again



Since the 1994 Major League Baseball strike, I have paid scant attention to the game.

I practically lived at Dodger Stadium (and, on occasion Anaheim Stadium) since the late 1970s by attending at least one game during every Dodger homestand. I have followed the Dodgers since I was a kid.

Above, enjoying Game 2 of the World Series.
I have been on the fields of Dodger Stadium and Anaheim Stadium. I participated in a flag ceremony at Dodger Stadium while in the Cub Scouts between games during a (circa 1963) double-header and a ceremonial parade at Anaheim Stadium with Platrix Chapter of E Clampus Vitus (we inducted then-Angels owner Gene Autry into ECV that day).

The baseball strike effectively killed my enthusiasm. The first Dodger game I attended since 1994 was two years ago. It was a shock to see how much things changed at Dodger Stadium and the prices for tickets. What used to cost $6.00 for a reserved seat (blue level), now cost $42.00. How in the world can a family afford to attend a baseball game with any regularity anymore? It boggles the mind.

Well, since the Los Angeles Dodgers made it to the World Series this year, the old enthusiasm is starting to come back. I have watched each game of the World Series and am enjoying them tremendously.

Even though the Dodgers lost to the Astros last night (13 to 12 in ten innings) in a wild game, I had a great time. The old anxiety (in a fun way) has returned.

No comments:

Search This Blog