"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Two Years of Retirement

Above, Sierra and I enjoying the RV lifestyle.

Yesterday marked two years since I retired. It is hard to believe how fast time flies.

The answer to the often-asked question, "Any regrets?" is still, "Heck no!" I am still having a good time and my health is just fine.

As one fellow RVer put it:
I retired at 60 and could have made a lot more money had I not retired. However, two of my best friends had just passed away while they were 61 and 64 and I decided to retire early while my wife and I still had good health. 
We bought our Class A then and started traveling. Now 12 years later we look back and say that was the smartest thing we ever did. We've hit all 50 states, 48 of them in an RV. 
So I think you are doing the right thing. Life is short and you never know what's around the corner.
This year has been stress-free (especially compared to last year). I am free to do what I want and when I want to. Had I remained in the workforce, I would never have been able to just pack up and head to Idaho to see the solar eclipse last August or be on the road for three weeks last year. And, I can stop in any Denny's restaurant in the country to enjoy a "Geezer Slam".

The best advice on retirement: do it while your health is still good!

No comments:

Search This Blog