"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Busy 24+ Hours

Above, the Van Nuys Flyaway station. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Tomorrow's the day that the purchase of the home in Jamestown, New Mexico closes.

I have to put on a 24-hour hold on packing to fly to Albuquerque tonight, pick up a rental car and then drive the 125 miles to Gallup. I have a car reserved (and paid for) at the Albuquerque (much thanks to "Mustang Susie") Airport. Then, I have to find a motel room.

I am going to be rather busy once I get there. In the morning, I have to make sure that power is turned on so that I can use the electric heater in The Beast during the time I am waiting for the movers to bring my stuff. I bought a 30 amp extension cord for The Beast the other day at Niel's RV in North Hills.

Above, my new kitchen.

Following that, we will be making a final walk-through of the house to make sure everything's in order. Then, in the afternoon, the papers will be signed and the final payment is made.

Once that's all done, it is a drive back to the Albuquerque Airport to return the rental car and then catch my flight back to Los Angeles.

Above, the kitchen dining area.

Before I even head to LAX today, I have a dinner (more of a lunch) to attend. It is the annual FIDDC dinner. Last year, we held it at the Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery in Northridge. We'd be back there again, but some jackass decided to set fire to the place and it is not reopening. So, we will be at Lulu's Restaurant in Van Nuys. This works out great for me as it is not too far from the Van Nuys Flyaway station. There, I will catch a bus to LAX.

It is currently 31° in Jamestown. It will get down into the teens tonight. Brrr!

No comments:

Search This Blog