"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Blizzard Aftermath

Above, down the hill, a line of vehicles on eastbound I-40 can be seen. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The blizzard stopped (at least for now) and I stepped outside to sweep the porch and the walkway.

While outside, I noticed a long line of vehicles (trucks, cars, RVs) slowly moving eastward on Interstate 40 (it is about a half mile away). Either there was an accident up ahead or they were slowly moving to get off the highway at the Exit 39 off-ramp and go to the Flying J. I tend to think it's the latter.

Above, the Mustang covered with snow. Photo by Armand Vaquer

The blizzard left about an inch of snow on everything. There may be more coming.

In the meantime, here's some more photos:

Above, the side and back yards. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, looking eastward. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, vehicles still moving slowly on eastbound I-40. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

UPDATE: 

I just returned from the Flying J and a clerk I know told me there was a pile up of vehicles due to whiteout conditions caused by the storm this morning. The pile up involved cars and semi trucks. Traffic was backed up for three hours, she said.

No comments:

Search This Blog