"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, March 26, 2018

Feeding The Bunnies

Above, one of the resident rabbits during a recent snow storm. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Yesterday, I went grocery shopping at Walmart. While there, I picked up a bag of rabbit food for the wild bunnies who inhabit my yard.

The rabbits I've seen here are usually desert cottontails. I did see one jackrabbit in the neighbor's yard.

My "honorary sister" (who has pet rabbits and knows a lot about rabbits in general) said the food I bought was a "good choice". She also said they are more nocturnal (and will be actively looking for food at night). Once they do, she says, they'll be "regular visitors".

The rabbits don't seem to mind me when I sit outside. They will keep their distance, but will sit and "chill out" with their eyes closed. Maybe they figure that since I am out there, no predator will dare show up.

Here is the bag of food I bought:



I put some food in an old cat food dishs after getting home and placed them outside in areas where they have been known to frequent. I checked it this morning and they haven't yet discovered the food. 

No comments:

Search This Blog