"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, March 2, 2018

Meanwhile, In Gallup...

Above, yours truly at the Silver House Trading Co. A few kachinas are in the background.

Today was partially spent heading into Gallup to do a few errands.

After picking up my mail at the Flying J, I headed off to Gallup. It was a nice, clear day that was just perfect for the drive.

My first stop was in downtown Gallup on old Route 66. I wandered into some stores there to pick up a thank-you gift for my former Tarzana neighbors who helped with the shipping of the Mustang to New Mexico. The shipper coordinated the pick up with them. It ended up being somewhat of a hassle as the day I was told the car shipper was going to pick it up didn't come through.

I rummaged around some Indian art and gift shops. Some were pricey, while others weren't. I ended up buying two Navajo kachina dolls at the Silver House Trading Co. They had a nice selection of Hopi and Navajo art and gifts, and at reasonable prices (which always impresses me).

They are located at 209 W. Highway 66, Gallup, NM 87301. Phone (505) 722-2335. I told them I would give them a little blurb on the blog.

The kachinas were packed good in a box (I told them this was a gift), so all I have to do is address it and take it to the post office at the Flying J.

Next on the agenda was Home Depot. I didn't find what I was after but I did notice that they have replacement 22.5" grills for Weber barbecues. It has been ages since I last used the big barbecue, so I will probably end up replacing the grill part once barbecue season starts in a month or so.

After Home Depot, I headed off to Safeway and picked up a few groceries and then headed home.

It was a nice pleasant excursion since the weather has warmed up into the 50s.

By the way, AOL started working again during my errands.

No comments:

Search This Blog