"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Transfer Money To Japan

Above, Japanese yen. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

What are the best way(s) to transfer money to Japan or out of Japan? This question came to me more than once during my trips to Japan. But, fortunately, I never had the need to do either.

Just in case one does have to do one or the other, Tokyo Cheapo has an article on the best way of tranfering money in Japan.

They begin with:
Being the international cheapo that I am, I’ve battle-tested all sorts of methods and means of transferring money to Japan. In this article, I chronicle the results of my quest. NB: If you’re a tourist looking to exchange foreign cash for yen, go to this article. If you’ve been here for a while and want to send your yen home, check out our transferring money out of Japan article. 
tl;dr: One of the cheapest and best ways to transfer money to Japan for residents is the OFX currency exchange provider. Bonus: Sign up here and mention Tokyo Cheapo—they’ll give you a special account with NO transfer fees. Cheapo win!

To read more, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog