"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, April 2, 2018

New Plate

Above, the new plate. I think the chile plates are cool. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

It is funny that once someone moves out of the People's Republic of Commiefornia, they find that other states have much more reasonable pricing on goods and services.

Such was the case today when I went to the Motor Vehicles office in Gallup this morning to title and register the Mustang.

To renew the Mustang's registration in California, it cost me $129.

To title and register the Mustang for the first time in New Mexico, it cost me a "whopping total" of just $40!

Additionally, the clerk asked me what plate did I want. There are three styles to choose from: yellow, turquoise or chile. Since I love chile, I opted for the chile license plate. I think they look cool! Only yellow plates are available for RVs.

As a retiree, I am finding that the cost of living in New Mexico to be much for favorable than California.

I have installed the new plate on the Mustang and the "alien" plate on the front. I guess these makes me official!

No comments:

Search This Blog