"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, June 4, 2018

Camping For Moms Who Don't Like To Camp

Above, The Beast at Manzanita Lake Campground in Lassen Volcanic National Park. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Some women don't like to tent camp. For many of them, "roughing it" is not having electricity to run their blow dryers. I know this to be true because I used to be married to one.

However, there is a way to coax the little woman into the wilderness and Margot Black has an article on this topic at PeterGreenberg.com.

She starts it with:
I love the outdoors, and as an outdoor family travel writer I endeavor to take myself and my family all over the country as often as I can to experience our beautiful nature and wildlife. 
There’s no better way to do that than by camping, but as a busy working mom I also want to enjoy my vacation. I don’t want to work harder than I work at home, and I personally do not enjoy the idea of packing up my entire house just to relocate to a tent for a few days. As one of my mom friends said to me when I mentioned it to her, why would you want to go on vacation and work harder than you do at home but with cold water? 
Addressing this family travel conundrum, this is the first in a series of articles about camping for moms who don’t like to camp. 
Here’s how it happened. My son had asked my husband and I if we could go camping so I decided that renting an RV would be the perfect compromise. The RV ticked many boxes because, in fairness, I know my kid wants to camp but I also know he currently dislikes spiders and bugs. 
This was a trial expedition for us all and we now plan to try out campers, yurts and cabins. But for this first trip in an RV we’d have a roof over our heads, proper beds and a good shot of enjoying the ‘not sleeping at home’ thrill of life in a top-of-the-range touring vehicle.

To read more, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog