"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, June 16, 2018

Gallup Lions Club Rodeo

Above, the bareback riding event. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Since the rains stopped and it was a Saturday night, I decided to go to tonight's Gallup Lion Club Rodeo at Red Rock Park.

Unfortunately, I thought the evening would be warmer, so I didn't bring a jacket. The winds made it very chilly (at least I was wearing a long sleeve flannel shirt). I also should have taken heed of the dark clouds.

I braved the cold for about 45 minutes after the rodeo events began. I didn't stay for the fireworks. At least I also had dinner there (a very good barbecue beef sandwich, popcorn and a Dr. Pepper).

I brought along my old Canon Powershot camera and managed to get a few good shots of bareback (bronco) riding. That was entertaining!

Here's some of my photos:

Above, spectators entering the rodeo grounds. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above and below, the parade of sponsors. Photos by Armand Vaquer.



Above, this was a particularly rambunctious horse. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, hanging on for dear life. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, this horse gave the rider a good ride for his money. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, still hanging on. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, the rider's expression says it all. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, this rider seems to have a pacifier in his mouth. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, pacifier or not, he gave a good performance. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, the livestock pens. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

No comments:

Search This Blog