"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Home Depot Came Though (And Then Some) On The Umbrella

Above, the replacement umbrella in place. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After a freak "dust devil" knocked over my patio table and umbrella (it actually sent them 3-4 feet away), I contacted Home Depot to see if it were covered or if they had parts to repair it.

The umbrella had one rib section broken. They said that they would send me the parts to repair it. My main concern about that was the fasteners used (rivets?) to secure the rib pieces together and on the umbrella.

I was expecting the parts any day.

Well, United Parcel Service (UPS) showed up a little while ago with a long box. I was wondering, why such a big box for umbrella rib parts? It was also heavy.

Well, I opened the box and inside was another umbrella of the type I bought. I guess the parts were not available or they decided that it was too much of a hassle to get them, so they sent me a replacement umbrella.

The old one and the red "back-up" umbrellas are now residing in the garage.

I have to give a big hearty thank-you to Home Depot's customer service department! (Maybe it's because I a spend a lot money with them. I was at the Gallup store earlier today buying a power weed wacker/edger and a hoe.)

No comments:

Search This Blog