|Above, the signature side of the Bannai coffee mug. Photo by Armand Vaquer.|
Ever since I got involved in politics over 40 years ago, I have amassed a collection of political Americana.
At one point, while attending El Camino College in the South Bay area of Los Angeles County, I served as a field representative to State Assemblyman Paul Bannai of Gardena.
While working for Bannai, I obtained a coffee mug with the California Assembly seal on one side and Paul Bannai's signature on the other. I still have it.
I noticed today that one is for sale at Eclectic Amanda for $123.75.
Here's its description:
* Vintage coffee mug
* The front has the seal of the California State Assembly
* The back has the name of Paul Bannai
* Paul Bannai was the first Japanese a American to serve in the state legislature.
* He served in Army Intelligence in WWII.
* This mug is from his time in the legislature (1973 to 1980)
* It has no chips or cracks.
* There are a few dark spots around the cup where coffee seeped into the crazing and stained the cup. There are also dark spots on the very bottom of the cup from usage.
* Measures 2 3/4" tall and 3 1/4" in diameter.
* We understand antiques, coins and collectibles need to be seen and held to fully appreciate their condition.
* We offer a 30 day money back guarantee to allow you time to decide if this item is right for you.
|Above, the California Assembly seal side of the mug. Photo by Armand Vaquer.|
I don't use the mug anymore as the handle was broken during the 1994 Northridge Earthquake, but I do have it displayed in my dining room with the handle glued back on.
To see the one offered for sale, go here.