"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, June 15, 2018

Treehugger: Everyone Wants To Go Camping

Above, The Beast at the Marin RV Park in Greenbrae, California. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

It appears that there's an "explosion" of RVers these days.

Recreational vehicles of all kinds are hitting the road in record numbers and sales of RVs are also setting new records.

However, there is a downside to this explosion and Treehugger.com spells it out.

They begin their article with:
My family wants to go camping this weekend, so I spent some time last night trying to find a campsite at a nearby provincial park. To my astonishment, there wasn't a single available site, until I realized I was looking at the RV section. Once I switched to non-electrical, radio-free camping, there were dozens of empty spots to choose from. 
This was a curious revelation for me. It supports what I've noticed already -- that RVs and tent-trailers seem to be exploding in popularity. They squat in driveways all over town, are hauled by trucks everywhere I go, and, as revealed by the online booking site, are filling campgrounds, even in the off-season. 
As someone who loves camping, it makes me happy to see people getting outside and enjoying nature, especially if they have small kids who will benefit greatly from spending time outdoors. But, as with any activity that becomes enormously popular in a short amount of time, there are reasonable concerns about the effect that so much camping could have on the natural environment.

To read more, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog