"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, June 2, 2018

Westbound Interstate 40 At A Complete Standstill


Above, the 5th wheel RV trailer sat at this spot for over an hour. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Tonight's plan was to attend the Indian Dancing show at the Gallup Courthouse Square.

However, those plans were dashed as an accident occurred on Interstate 40 somewhere between Jamestown and Gallup in the westbound lanes.

I first noticed the traffic tie-up at about 4:15. Vehicles going westbound in the direction of Gallup were at a complete standstill. In about an hour's time, a vehicle towing a 5th wheel trailer only moved 5 or 6 carlenghs. There was no movement to really speak of until about 6:00 this evening. I am glad that I wasn't sitting in traffic for over and hour and a half.

Above, semi-trucks at a complete standstill. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I checked around the Internet but although I found some reference to the traffic tie-up, I found no details on the accident itself. Traffic is moving, but very slowly now.

It looks like I will be spending tonight at home.

No comments:

Search This Blog