"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Whew! It Was Only A Bull Snake!

Above, a bull snake. Photo by Brittanica.com.


Welcome to country living!

This morning, I was just putting food and water for a couple of stray cats in the front yard and I heard a noise nearby. I looked and saw a large snake moving away. I jumped back. I looked and it had no rattles. It was a bull snake. He disappeared into (apparently) a burrow.

I have been told that bull snakes kill rattlesnakes along with rodents.

Above, special pest control ammo. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Had he been a rattlesnake, I would have grabbed my .38 revolver and blown it to kingdom come. I have a special varmint (buckshot-like) load for my gun that I bought a few months ago at Warrior Women Gun Shop a few doors away from me.

"Snakes! Why does it have to be snakes?" - Indiana Jones.

No comments:

Search This Blog