"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, July 26, 2018

2018 Wells Fun Run

Above, The Beast at the Ely, Nevada KOA. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today, Mitch Geriminsky and I reached our destination in Wells, Nevada for the 2018 Wells Fun Run.

The Wells Fun Run is an annual car show that includes a display of new and vintage cars, drag racing, parade and other activiites. Their website: http://www.wellsfunrun.org/

Above, The Beast made it to the top of Mitch's driveway. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The trip started Monday when I headed to Lake Havasu, Arizona to pick up Mitch. I stayed overnight in The Beast in his front driveway RV parking area. It was interesting getting The Beast up the steep slope to the parking area and even more interesting in backing it out. But I made it!

Above, at Sam's Town Las Vegas KOA. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

We headed off Tuesday afternoon (sounds like a song title) to stay the first night in Las Vegas. I did make reservations to stay at the Riviera RV Park in the eastern section of Las Vegas (I stayed there during the Great American Eclipse). But, ownership of the park changed and the manager was rude and uncooperative. She had the looks and personality of Beulah Balbricker from the Porky's movies of the 1980s. So we left.

Fortunately, we found a better deal at Sam's Town KOA Campground. So we stayed there.

Above, the Sinclair travel center in Alamo, Nevada. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

We left Las Vegas early Wednesday morning for the longest part of the trip. I made reservations at the Ely, Nevada KOA Kampground. I was pleasantly surprise how nice the Ely area was. I was expecting something desolate like southern Nevada. This was a mountain area with plenty of trees. We even had a thunderstorm Wednesday evening.

Above, from left, Mitch, Bill and I.

The final leg of the trip to Wells got started early Thursday morning. Along the way, we stopped at a Sinclair gas station for snacks and a brief rest. We then headed on to Wells and arrived around 11:00 in the morning.

Mitch and I kept my attending the Wells Fun Run a secret from a friend (since junior high) Bill Wilson, who attends the Wells Fun Run every year. Bill stopped by Jamestown a few months ago in his big rig. We had breakfast at Denny's Restaurant at the Flying J.

Above, the Wells sign. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Bill was shocked to see me when I sneaked around his fifth wheel trailer and approached him with a voice of fake authority. He said it made his day.

The actual show itself begins tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Search This Blog