"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Painting Shipping Box

It is no wonder that the painting, "Three Mesas", made it all the way from St. Petersburg, Russia to Jamestown, New Mexico without any damage.

Asya did a fantastic job in packing it securely. It was packed in a wood-framed flat box with hard sides screwed together on both sides. No wonder the post office clerk asked, "What did you order? A door?" The box weighed more than the painting. A handle was fabricated with packing tape, so it was easy to carry.

Here's a photo of the container right after I loaded it into The Beast at the Flying J:

Above, the painting shipping box. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Asya had told me earlier that I would need a power screwdriver to open the box. Sure enough, she was right! I used my drill gun (good thing I have screwdriver bits) to open it. There must have been close to 40 screws on each side and a few of them refused to budge, even with a drill gun. I managed to get it open without damaging the painting, which had protective wrapping.

Since this is the first time I've had a painting shipped to me, I don't know if this is the standard method for shipping them.

Above, the painting after taking it out of the box. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The next task in regard to the painting is to find a suitable frame for it. I already have an idea on a frame and will see about it this coming Saturday.

I have to give Aysa and the shipping company high marks for the excellent way it was boxed.

No comments:

Search This Blog