"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, August 31, 2018

Got It Done

Above, yours truly a few months ago.

Finally, after almost a week of haggling with my medical insurance carrier, my blood-thinning medication prescription was filled today.

Originally, I was prescribed Brilinta by the doctor at St. Luke's Magic Valley Medical Center in Twin Falls, Idaho. I put in a refill request. The insurer put a hold on it until a pre-authorization notice is received by the doctor. He never responded.

At the pharmacy's suggestion (to speed things up), I had my cardiologist (who is in the medical insurance list of doctors) submit a prescription for the Brilinta. Again, it was put on hold by the insurer. A pre-authorization was sent by my cardiologist. The insurer denied the prescription as it was not on their list of approved medications. The substitute we found was Plavix. It is on the approved list of the insurer.

A prescription for Plavix was submitted by my cardiologist and it was approved. I went into Gallup to pick it up and to get some groceries while I was there.

My cardiologist's office was grateful that I did the "legwork" in getting this straightened out. I told them that since I am retired, it gave me something to do and as I was an insurance adjuster, I was used to being getting things resolved on the phone.

Now I can relax!

No comments:

Search This Blog