"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, August 5, 2018

Grocery Adjusting To New Reality

Above, the "Three Mesas" by Asya. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today was uneventful (I've had enough eventful days to last me a while) as I spent the day relaxing and reading. All this while listening to a Navajo country music station (they just played Elvis's "Crying In The Chapel" and then Walter Brennan's "The Touch of the Master's Hand").

I did make a trek to Gallup to pick up some groceries. Instead of white bread, I got multigrain bread (it tastes surprisingly good). Instead of ice cream, I got strawberries and non-cholesterol angel food cake (the only deviation is some Redi-Whip). Instead of salty and sugary snacks, I bought bananas (great source of potassium for the heart). Oatmeal (a cholesterol fighter). Low fat milk. Russet potatoes.

I was going to grill some salmon tonight, but the filet wasn't completely thawed. So I went to Denny's and had some chicken. I haven't had beef since my aborted lunch (a French dip sandwich) at Bella's in Wells, Nevada nine days ago. I'll have the salmon tomorrow.

I bought a few other things. The cost of living here in Gallup is apparently lower as the total grocery bill was just under $26. A great place for retirees!

No comments:

Search This Blog