"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, August 25, 2018

One Year Ago: Lassen Volcanic National Park

Above, The Beast with Lassen Peak in the background from Devastated Area. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

One year ago today, I left Oregon and headed south into Northern California to visit Lassen Volcanic National Park.

Above, Mount Shasta in the morning haze. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

This would be my first visit to Lassen Volcanic National Park since 1968. It was the first national park I've ever visited.

Along the way, I passed Mount Shasta, like Lassen Peak, it is another volcano of the Cascade Range.

Above, at Manzanita Lake Campground. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Also along the way, I noticed an "Adopt-A-Highway" sign noting that the area's Clampers sponsored road cleaning on that stretch of road. After all, this was Clamper Country.

Above, the ECV Adopt-A-Highway sign. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I was able to get a campsite at Manzanita Lake Campground, which is at the northern part of the national park. It was pretty much as I remembered it, except this time the campground wasn't overrun by deer.

Above, the Manzanita Lake Campground store. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After resting a while, I took a drive around the park. It was very enjoyable as there weren't too many people in the park.

Following a two-night stay, I headed home.

No comments:

Search This Blog