"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Surprise Visit!

Above, Linda Wilson behind the wheel about to depart the Flying J. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

As I was relaxing after coming home from the Gallup Inter-Tribe Indian Ceremonial, I received a call from longtime buddy Wellington "Bill" Wilson. I've known Bill since junior high.

Above, Linda and Bill Wilson. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

He and his wife Linda (both truckers) were stopped at the Flying J for a break and asked if I were available to come down for a visit. I said I was and headed over.

Above, their dining area and pull-down bed. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The last time Bill saw me was when the paramedics were working on me. Bill said he saw sweat pouring from my head and "out of it" during my heart attack in Wells, Nevada.

We met up and sat in their living quarters of their new semi and chatted for a while. I told them what transpired after the helicopter picked me up from Bella's Restaurant and Espresso and took me to Twin Falls, Idaho.

Above, Bill with one of the three dogs. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

They presented me with get-well card signed by people associated with the Wells Fun Run. That was very nice of everyone to do so. It is much appreciated.

Bill and Linda drive cross-country in their new semi along with their three dogs. It is larger than the one (and that was big as well) Bill showed me a few months ago. They were on their way to Los Angeles with a load from (if I remember right) the Washington, D.C. area. The last place I knew they were at was somewhere in Ohio.

Here's the get-well card they brought:




Thanks to all!

No comments:

Search This Blog