"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, August 6, 2018

Walgreen's Follow-Up

Above, the view I was enjoying while talking to Walgreen's. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

While relaxing on the deck this afternoon in 90­° temperatures (I was waiting on the swamp cooler to cool down the house), I received a call from Walgreen's pharmacy in Arizona. They called to check to see how I am doing on Brilinta.

The gentleman explained that they check on all new Brilinta patients to see how they're doing and to see if the patient has any questions.

I told him that I am doing fine. I told him that I take Brilinta around 7:00 in the morning and in the evening. He said what I am doing is perfect. He said that a 12-hour interval is the right way to use the drug to thin out my blood and keep platelets from sticking to and closing up the stents. This also prevents any side-effects from occurring (I haven't had any).

He said I will probably be on Brilinta for a year and then, depending how things work out, I may be switched to something "less potent".

He asked about the 81 mg. aspirin. He said that the aspirin helps make the Brilinta "more effective". I told him I usually take the aspirin about an hour after waking up in the morning, which is usually an hour or two before I take the day's first dose of Brilinta.

We discussed my case further and he said that I am doing everything right as far as my medications are concerned. 

No comments:

Search This Blog