"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, September 7, 2018

Finally...STEAK!

Above, my first barbecued steak in over a month. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today turned out to be a bit of a milestone for me.

For the first time since I had the heart attack in Wells, Nevada on July 27, I finally had a barbecued t-bone steak for dinner. Along with the steak, I had baked beans and corn.

Above, while the steak was cooking. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

While waiting for the charcoals to turn white, I indulged myself with a glass of Mirassou Merlot wine. I first discovered Mirassou wines back in April 1974 at the California Republican Party convention in San Jose. Mirassou took part in a wine tasting event at the convention.

According to the Mayo Clinic:
Red wine, in moderation, has long been thought of as heart healthy. The alcohol and certain substances in red wine called antioxidants may help prevent coronary artery disease, the condition that leads to heart attacks.
Above, a toast to XSNGH Glenn Thornhill's birthday. 

I very much enjoyed having a barbecued steak. I've almost been eating like a rabbit since July 27, mainly eating fruits, vegetables, chicken and fish (primarily salmon). I will continue with my new diet and have an occasional steak (or beef prepared in any way) as a treat to myself. Maybe once or twice a month.

"A man's got to know his limitations!" - Dirty Harry in Magnum Force.

No comments:

Search This Blog