"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, September 10, 2018

JNTO: 50 Awesome Things To Do In Tokyo

Above, a view of Tokyo from Tokyo Tower. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

If visitors finds themselves in Tokyo but need some ideas on what to do while there, they're in luck.

The Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) has a list of "50 Awesome Things To Do In Tokyo".

They begin with:
In this wild, wacky world of ours, Tokyo is surely the wackiest place of them all. 
I had my first taste of this delicious city in 2015; Scott had finally convinced me to join him and a group of our friends on a trip to Japan to go skiing. We arrived in Tokyo and spent two sensational nights devouring the city, and one day extremely hungover in bed after an overindulgence at all-you-can-drink karaoke (the shochu we had beforehand had nothing to do with it, surely). 
I was left wanting more. 
The following year, I couldn’t wait to go back to Japan. Another skiing trip, but this time we’d be spending a full week in wonderfully wacky Tokyo. I arrived in full anticipation and was ready to again be enchanted by the glorious city. I love Tokyo, and you either already do, or you’re going to once you travel there. If you’re a first-timer ready to get lost in the weirdness that is Tokyo, I’ve compiled a little list just for you! 
It’s full of things I’ve done, places I’ve seen, foods I’ve eaten, bars I’ve drunk at, as well as those that were on my to-do list before I ran out of time. 
So here you go…
So that the reader gets a good taste of what the JNTO is saying, here's the first 10:
  • Go to the Robot Restaurant in Shinjuku (I literally cannot recommend this enough).
  • Grab a drink in the Golden Gai district.
  • Sing your heart out at a karaoke bar in Shinjuku.
  • Go shopping & eat colourful fairy floss on the funky Takeshita Street.
  • Visit a cat café and give all the rescue kitties a big snuggle.
  • Adventure to the top of Tokyo Tower and take in the amazing views.
  • Walk across the famous Shibuya Crossing – or people watch from the huge Starbucks!
  • Visit Mt Fuji on a day trip from the city.
  • Go electronics shopping in Akihabara.
  • Spend a night or two in a capsule hotel.

To see the other 40, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog