"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, September 22, 2018

Woodpecker

One nice thing about living here in New Mexico, I can occasionally see different varieties of wildlife.

Yesterday, I saw a tarantula on my walkway. This time of year is mating season for them and it was out looking for a hook-up.

A little while ago, a woodpecker was working on my crabapple tree in front of the house. I got up to get my camera and he flew off. But, fortunately, he came back and I managed to get these two photos before he went up into the tree where I couldn't see him because of the foliage.




UPDATE (9/24/18):

This particular woodpecker is a red-naped sapsucker.

For more information, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog