"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Power Cord From Garage To GOCO Beast Barn

Above, I'll need to run a power line from the GOCO Beast Barn to the garage (near where The Beast is parked). Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today, I was checking to see how long a power cord extension I'll need for when I park The Beast inside the GOCO Beast Barn this winter.

I need electrical power to The Beast so I can run the holding tank heaters and a ceramic space heater for the interior for the fresh water tank.

I measured the power cord of The Beast and it came to 30 feet long. I do have a 50 foot 30 amp extension cord. So that gives me 80 feet in total for now. When the weather warms up a little, I will park The Beast inside and attach the extension cord to the power cord to see if that's enough or if I need another extension cord (maybe 25 feet maximum). I can plug the power cords to an outlet in the garage with a Dogbone power adapter. Luckily, I have outlets at the corner near the garage door.

I was going to hold off doing all this but the current cold snap pushed me to get it all figured out now.

No comments:

Search This Blog