"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Back To Normal

Above, all's normal in Jamestown and Gallup. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Since the Internet was down in the region yesterday (I heard from a neighbor that someone cut the lines near Farmington, New Mexico), I have to go back into Gallup today to pick up some groceries at the market. Thank goodness I had enough food for dinner last night and gasoline to get back home.

The outage affected all ATMs and businesses' ability to process credit and debit cards, so they were only able to take only cash for purchases. I joked with the market clerk that I only have $2.00 on me and I'd be willing to pay for everything with that. He didn't go for it.

I wonder how many people who were low on gasoline had to sit and wait it out for their cards to work at the gasoline pumps again if they had no cash on them.

I did attempt to find out what happened. I called AT & T to see if they knew what caused the outage, but they had no information on it.

Everything seems normal now since the Internet went back up last night at around 8:00. It is amazing how everything grinds to a halt when cables are cut.

No comments:

Search This Blog