"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, November 8, 2018

Home From Las Vegas

Above, warming up The Beast at the Albuquerque International Sunport. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After three days in Las Vegas, Nevada (there's a Las Vegas in New Mexico), I am back home.

My flight left Las Vegas around 7:00 PM last evening and I had a brief (about 45 minutes) layover at Los Angeles International Airport. My flight from Los Angeles to Albuquerque was supposed to depart around 8:35, but it was delayed for some reason. Actually, it worked out for the better as I may have missed it as the flight from Las Vegas didn't arrive until after 8:00 and it would have been a mad scramble to get to a different terminal (despite a convenient shuttle).

Above, inside the Albuquerque Sunport's terminal. Phot by Armand Vaquer.

It was delayed until 9:30, so it worked out perfectly.

I arrived at Albuquerque International Sunport at around midnight. It was about 45° when I reached The Beast. I was debating on whether to drive part way home (I was tired) and boondock somewhere or drive all the way. I ended up driving all the way and reached home at 3:00 this morning.

I did get a few hours sleep this morning.

Above, New Mexico alien souvenirs at the Sunport. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

One thing I like about the airport in Albuquerque is the Airport Parking I-25 and Sunport lot. It has a big RV parking area for $5.00/day, which worked out great for The Beast. The lot attendant sends a shuttle bus to your vehicle to take you to the terminal and vice-versa.

The Albuquerque International Sunport is a very attractive airport and is much smaller than LAX. It is easy to navigate around. Since New Mexico is famous for the 1947 Roswell UFO crash, there were plenty of alien souvenirs in the shops.

No comments:

Search This Blog