"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, November 3, 2018

Medical Check-up

Above, the crab apple tree (left) is losing its leaves. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Yesterday, I had an appointment with my new primary physician in Gallup.

Without even planning on it, it turns out that she's also the primary physician for my neighbor across the street, who is also a cardiac patient.

After an exam and reviewing my medical records, including the most recent check-up and lab tests by my cardiologist, she said I am doing very good.

She said:

  • My cholesterol level went way down and is in a good range. She said the medications are doing their job. No change in them are necessary.
  • My heart rate was normal.
  • My blood pressure was normal
While I was there, she recommended a flu shot, saying that people my age die from flus, especially cardiac patients. So I got it. I hardly felt a thing with the injection was given. I asked, "Is that it?"

Above, the oak trees lost most of their leaves already. Photo by Armand Vaquer.
Above, the oaks still had their leaves two weeks ago. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I don't have to go back until March 2019, but I will stop in for a tetanus shot which, oddly, also protects against whooping cough. She said there was a rise in whooping cough cases last year.

After the appointment, I celebrated the good results over lunch at Cracker Barrel and took care of some business while I was in town.

No comments:

Search This Blog