"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Network Down Today!




Cell phones along with Internet service were down for most of today in New Mexico.

I noticed the problem around noon as I was grocery shopping in Gallup. The market could only accept cash for purchases. The ATM in the store was also down. They told me this problem was "everywhere".

I left the store and went up old Route 66 to a gas station as The Beast had less than a quarter of a tank of gas. The gas pump wouldn't work with both my credit and debit cards. Their ATM was down also.

I knew I had enough to get back to Jamestown. I decided to give the Flying J a try (figuring they may be on a different system than those in Gallup). When I got there, they had a sign at each gas pump that the Internet was down and they could only accept cash.

Cell service was restored at least by 2:00 this afternoon. But Internet service remained down until around 8:00 this evening.

I am sure a lot of businesses lost a lot of money by being unable to process credit and debit cards today. It is amazing to see how much we rely on Internet service. Maybe we rely too much on it!

No comments:

Search This Blog