"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, December 6, 2018

Ready For The Storm

Above, the front yard this afternoon. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After our usual breakfast & coffee gathering at Denny's in the Flying J, I headed of to Gallup to do some grocery shopping.

Since the forecast for tonight and tomorrow is rain and/or snow showers, I thought it best to do my shopping today. On the way, I noticed that there's still patches of snow on the ground from last weekend's snow storm.

I apparently made my checkstand clerk's day at the Safeway market in Gallup. I mentioned that since it will be snowing later, I decided to shop today. She groaned over the prospect of more snow as, she said, her car heater doesn't work. I told her that the Flying J has plug-in car heaters. All one has to do is plut it into the cigarette lighter. She was thrilled hearing that and will likely go there to get one.

While at the Flying J, I received some good news in the mail from the Social Security Administration. Us geezers on Social Security will be getting a 2.8% raise starting in January. It may not seem like much, but every little bit helps!

Besides grocery shopping in Gallup, I did head into Arizona to pick up a few stogies at the Big Tee Pee (it is just at the border). It was a nice enjoyable drive.

Now that I took care of business, I can hunker down for the storm later.

No comments:

Search This Blog