"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, January 3, 2019

100th Anniversary of A & W Root Beer

Above, my two A & W Root Beer mugs. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Did you know that 2019 marks 100 years since the founding of A & W Root Beer?

Well, it;s true!

According to Wikipedia:
A&W Root Beer is a root beer brand primarily available in the United States and Canada, started in 1919 by Roy W. Allen. In 1922, Allen partnered with Frank Wright. They combined their initials to create the brand "A&W" and inspired a restaurant chain, founded in 1922.

I first heard of A & W Root Beer when we visited my grandmother in 29 Palms, California. We used to stop at the A & W Root Beer restaurant there back in the 1960s.

Later, we used to hang out at the Hawthorne, California A & W Root Beer restaurant on Hawthorne Blvd. In fact, the Hawthorne A & W was a very popular hangout.

Many of the A & W Root Beer restaurants in Southern California closed up. But I did discover that there are several of them in New Mexico!

A & W Root Beer restaurants are mounting a comeback. Go here for details.

I have a couple of A & W Root Beer mugs. I bought them back in the 1970s or 1980s. I can't exactly say when I bought them, but it seems like I've always had them.

To access A & W Root Beer's website, go here.

For A & W Root Beer logo history, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog