"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, January 4, 2019

Cigar Run, Etc.

Above, The Beast before heading off to Lupton, Arizona. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

This morning, I took a little drive to the Tee Pee Smoke Shop in Lupton, Arizona (at the Arizona-New Mexico border) to pick up a few cigars.

Today has been the "warmest" since the New Year's blizzard hit New Mexico. This was the first drive I took since the New Year's snows started. It was a good run to charge up The Beast's batteries.

Above, the Tee Pee Gift Shop. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Snow was still plentiful along the drive and I was amused by one thing. For the first six or so miles after getting on Interstate 40, I saw though my side view mirror the snow from he roof of The Beast falling on the highway. Some vehicles were swerving to miss the snow chunks.

Above, The Beast at the Tee Pee Gift Shop. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

When I arrived in Lupton, snow plows were operating at the Indian stores. They got plenty of snow there as well.

Above, the other Indian stores in Lupton on Historic Route 66. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

On the way back, I stopped in Gallup to go to the Home Depot to see if their expected delivery of snow shovels were available. They had run out of them. As luck would have it, they had several boxes of them for $25 each and I grabbed on. People were snapping them up.

Above, after starting snow shoveling the walkways. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After I got home, I started shoveling snow from the walkways in front of the house. It was still pretty thick, not as thick as it was (around 14"), around 6". I just barely started and feel like I've burned more than a few calories.

No comments:

Search This Blog