"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, March 17, 2019

Morning Drive

Above, the Navajo arrow after mounting it above the door. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Since I had nothing else going on today (outside of doing my laundry, which I finished before 9:00 this morning), I headed east about 36 miles to Bluewater Village to Bowlin's Bluewater Outpost to see if I could find something to fill the space above the front door. It space needed something, which bothered me.

It was a nice ride along Interstate 40 with clear skies and great views of the mountains along the way.

I must have spent a good hour browsing around the store looking at their merchandise. While there, since they have a Dairy Queen, I bought myself an Orange Julius. I haven't had one of those for a long while.

I ended up getting a Navajo arrow to fill the space. The Bowlin's Bluewater Outpost prices their goods very reasonably.

On the way back, I stopped at a Blimpie's for some munchies in Thoreau. This was the first time I've been in Thoreau. One thing, the westbound on-ramp to Interstate 40 is in bad shape with many deep potholes. Good thing I spotted them in time so I could avoid them. I don't want to tear up my new tires and get another wheel alignment (I got one when I bought the tires last spring).

Now that I have the Mustang back, I can do more road trips to explore the area. I could have done so in The Beast, but the Mustang's 29 mpg is a lot better than The Beast's 10 mpg.

No comments:

Search This Blog