"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, March 15, 2019

Took A Drive

Above, Bear Springs Plaza in Fort Wingate. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Since the day wasn't windy and a little warmer (about 45°), I decided to take a little drive.

First, I headed west on Interstate 40 to the Iyanbito exit. From there I drove west on Historic Route 66 to NM Highway 400. There, I headed south to the community of Fort Wingate. It is about 8 miles from home.

Above, inside Bear Springs Plaza's lobby with the turtle and fish pond. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I stopped at the Bear Springs Plaza to mail a bill at the post office. Bear Springs Plaza looked like it had seen better days as the gas station was closed up and for lease. At least the post office was open. This was the first time I've stopped there.

Also at the Bear Springs Plaza is a cafe. At the time I stopped there, it wasn't open, but the lobby area was nicely decorated with a turtle fountain/pond, kites, antiques and vintage photographs that I found interesting.

Above, another view of Bear Springs Plaza's lobby. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Since I had to get cat box liners (I forgot to get them yesterday), I headed back on NM Highway 400 to Historic Route 66 to go into the eastern part of Gallup. I got the liners at Albertson's. Before entering Albertson's, I went into the Goodwill thrift store and browsed around. I didn't see anything that I needed or wanted.

After finishing shopping at Albertson's, I headed back to Jamestown. All in all, it was a nice little drive.

No comments:

Search This Blog