"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, May 26, 2019

Monthly Dinner In Gallup

Above, the inside front cover signed by Martin Link. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The monthly dinner gathering at historian/author Martin Link's home in Gallup, New Mexico was held tonight.

Just before I left Jamestown to go into Gallup, a thunderstorm rolled in and some rain fell. It tapered off while I was on the road, but the winds were gusting. I saw a few good lighning bolts from Interstate 40.

As usual, good food and good conversation took place. Topics ranged from fraternal organizations to earthquakes (such as Northridge in 1994 and Hebgen Lake in 1959) to Fort Wingate. The most interesting was Link's association with former Apollo 17 astronaut and U.S. Senator Harrison Hagan "Jack" Schmitt.

A couple of months ago, I bought a copy of Martin Link's book, New Mexico Kicks On Route 66 at the Indian Market in Continental Divide, New Mexico. This was the first dinner gathering I've been able to attend since I bought the book (I was on the Cuba cruise last month). So, I brought the book along and had Martin sign it (pictured above).

Here's the cover:


1 comment:

David said...

My aunt and uncle are Alice and Harold Bischoff. My grandmother and grandfather are Pauline and Camillo Garcia. They used to own Garcia's Trading Post in Chinle Arizona. My mother, Regina McGuire (married), is from that area but also raised on the Navajo reservation. I do not know a lot about my family tree, I am going to try and reach Martin Link who might be able to help. His name was given to me by someone at the gift shop at El Rancho Motel when I passed through there in October. My name is David McGuire, 918 344 9834, Tulsa OK

Search This Blog