"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, July 19, 2019

Apollo 11 Souvenirs

Above, Apollo 11 moon landing watch. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Since tomorrow marks the 50th Anniversary of the moon landing of Apollo 11, I did some digging in my jewelry box and found two souvenirs from that era.

First, was an Apollo moon landing wristwatch depicting the landing of the Lunar Module with the Command Module in orbit. Funny thing, after taking it out of the jewelry box and photographing it, I wound the stem a little and the darn thing still works!

Next, I found a Mission Patch of Apollo 11 by NASA. I forgot I even had it. It is in great shape, despite 50 years.

Above, the Apollo 11 mission patch. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I also have books on the Apollo 11 mission and other U.S. Space Program souvenirs.

No comments:

Search This Blog