"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Candlewood Suites O'Hare

Above, the kitchen area. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Since the Crowne Plaza (where G-FEST is held) was fully booked up by the time I tried to book a room, I stayed a few miles away at the Candlewood Suites.

Above, the desk and television area. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The price was about the same as the Crowne Plaza, but I had a suite that included a kitchen. This was a big help in saving money on meals. I had all my breakfasts there as the hotel has a small store that sold Quaker Oatmeal packets for fifty cents.

Above, a nice, comfortable bed. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I got to & from the convention and Candlewood Suites with Uber. That was a lot cheaper than taking a taxi!

The kitchen had a microwave oven and dishware, so I was able to have my usual oatmeal (great for fighting cholesterol) breakfasts in the room. The food at the Crowne Plaza was pricey as ever, so this was a big savings for me. There's also a refrigerator in the room to keep a bottle of milk inside.

Above, since it was a smoking room, I was able to enjoy a stogie. 

I would recommend Candlewood Suites near O'Hare International Airport if one wants to save on their travel food costs.

No comments:

Search This Blog